Rome - we love you

Monday, April 28, 2014

Rome - we love you

I've returned from a much-needed little vacation.. a few days in Italy, Rome.
It was wonderful of course. It was my first experience with the city and I can tell you it has a warm and cozy attitude for all who live in a big city and love gorgeous (and really big!) buildings.
Travel is something that I've long considered to be a great adventure and I can recommend for everybody who has the opportunity: DO TRAVEL! :)

view of Piazza San Pietro Roma


About a month ago, in the beginning of March, we've decided that we very much needed a get-away. So, in a rather spur-of-the-moment mood, we booked it.
Originally, we've planned this trip after our wedding last summer. And then, we thought Rome isn't really for hot summer vacation - nor any other big cities - walk all day to see the as much as possible from a city is need spring or autumn.
We stayed in a fantastic little B&B (bed and breakfast) which I highly recommend to anyone visiting Rome and would like to stay close to the city centre; Gregorius Close to St. Peter's, in Via Gregorio VII, only a few bus stops from Vatican City and downtown of Rome. Maria - our host lady - at the place was friendly and accommodating, our room was tidy and clean. 

our room in Rome

In some of the museums you aren't supposed to take photos anymore. I especially love the Renaissance art - buildings, paintings, sculptures - everything! When I was in high school, I took every art history class as a journey to that period. My Renaissance Art classes were some of my favorites and it was the first time I went to Italy and saw of that art in person, I felt the spirit behind them. The paintings has so much gorgeous details, gold and ornamentation - wow!!! All that beautiful living, bold colors and gold! ...bright blues and deep reds. So, we saw lots of that stuff, and have some pretty pics - but these pics can not bring back the feeling of the real art pieces. Vatican Museums (you go in like: OK, it'll be one big museum. But. It is like you see 5-6 museums built together!!!) You need a day - yes, a whole day - for the visit to see each room of it and not only run through them...


Me :)

On the floor - beautiful mosaics

looking up

a small detail of a painted wooden case


With all of the treasures inside the museums, there is just as much on the streets and in the many many churches and palaces. Besides the paintings of halos, I felt myself very lucky to see them... all of the beautiful frescoes and decorative ceilings. The amount of detail and the age of these works of art in this city is just gorgeous.

This sculpture had real duck face :))) so I did it too ;)
Selfie in front of ancient ruins

We had so much fun! Let's travel to Rome Lovelies! :)
Enjoy your day, xo

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)